Many people tend to not bother having one, or some keep one but do not update it as often as should be the case.
A contract register can actually be extremely helpful as soon as you begin to embrace it.
Its a simple tool where you keep record of contract details. To date a contract register has helped me get information access real quick. How to use your contract register to work for you:
- Update as soon as you sign on a contract, or weekly or monthly, depending on what kind of a worker you are. The more updating you have to do the more you will tend not ot want to do and so you won’t do it
- Keep it simple and easy to understand, put the detail you know your organisation needs upfront
- Have one person do the updating , or rotate the duty
- Make a habit of continually referring to it
- It is only as helpful as you make it
Do you find it cumbersome to maintain your contracts register?