Many organisations are still not using eProcurement to their advantage even in Kenya, they stick to the same old ‘pen and paper’. The internet has made eProcurement one of the most exciting roles in procurement departments. Perhaps the reason for not shifting to eProcurement could be fear of the new unknown, fear of things not working out as smoothly or perhaps fear that it would be too hard to start changing things in the procurement department that are already working well.
Here are 5 reasons that will make you switch to eProcurement today:
- Increased efficiency within departments now you can easily follow up on the progress of the work being done by your procurement officers or whether indeed they are even working.
- Controlled access to the procurement process, as only certain personnel can be given access and rights to the process, so its not as easy to forge documentation
- Massive business opportunities whether you are in sourcing or supplying, the internet is at your disposal worldwide anytime, anywhere
- Transparency within the procurement process as there is a proper trail of everything on the system including emails, searches done, bank transactions made etc and the dates and times they were done
- Going green, saving storage space, some admin expenses etc for your organisation becomes impactful in the long run