For many of you sitting CIPS exams this November, this is a marathon week.
I will quickly share a few things i did in the days leading up to exams which really helped me to up my confidence in myself and in my preparation. You have 6 days, which is 144 hours!
- Take leave from work – you need time to be fully focused on CIPS at this point since you have just a few days to prepare – especially if you are sitting for more than one exam!
- Read your CIPS course book cover to cover minimum once – you have to touch all subject areas because exams will come from any section of the course material
- Get a timetable together, breaks should be included. In those breaks try to minimize your social media OR TV as much as possible – instead go out for a walk, make a meal, sit in silence, call a friend etc
- Utilise your study notes and past papers once you have completed the course books – sit for the past papers in the same way you will for the exam and then review your performance, marke your papers, look for the correct answers
- Do not over think things – once you have tested yourself if you feel there are topics you need to revise again just go back to that topic give it another read through.
For CIPS if you fail to do what is required of you then you will prepare poorly, you will have high chances of anxiety. Preparation is key to confidence.