As previously mentioned operations in procurement and supply chain is what excites me most. Supplier relations are built with time but in certain cases it depends on what sort of relationship you truly intend on having and how can you make it be magical?
We subcontract transport services for our remote work especially when convoys are needed. In a very simple way we helped build supplier relations through an invite to two suppliers.
When I say simple I mean simple… our staff were going for a first aid training course and we included two drivers and another supplier. Now you may be thinking what does that have to do with business surely?
It has everything to do with it…
- Subcontractor staff feel valued
- They believe that we care about their existence
- Our company is building them individually, psychologically and personally
- Our company is giving them certification for use in their CVs
- They will appreciate the small gesture it’s a course that will be used for life
Sometimes its about doing what you think will develop the relationship. The transporter obviously does not have many customers lining up to take his guys training… we on the other hand are going the extra mile, besides the training is $50 how much damage could that do to a bank account…
Good week to all….lets build those supplier relations!