There are many companies that I have come across without documented procurement processes. What’s the big deal about documenting the procurement process and is this something that should be done or is it just additional admin work?
- Reduces grey areas and ambiguity
- Provides guidance to procurement team
- Enables auditors to gain a better understanding of the process and your business
- Creates structures and systems in place
- Feeds into Finance management procedures
- Sets pace for planning growth of the organization
What are your thoughts on documenting procurement processes for small private sector firms….would like to hear your experiences, do drop me a line.