You will be surprised to learn that there are only 3 key steps you need to follow in order to be well prepared for CIPS exams. I have shared these many many times, and if you can manage to achieve them you will succeed. This time, i am also sharing the reason why for each:
- Read course material cover to cover
Why? CIPS will test you from any section of the course material. ANY. So you need a very brief idea because you can be caught completely unaware which would be the worst case scenario. Even if its basic reading through cover to cover, do it, its much better than not at all
Why? You will have sometime in the course of your day that you could use for catching up on your study. Lunch hour, traffic jams, waiting in line, many many chances that you are wasting time. Brag the short notes they will help you master key areas for CIPS exam preparation. I only have Level 4 short notes which are really at a minimal fee considering you have a whole journey ahead.
- Test yourself with past exam papers
Why? One of the most effective ways to prepare for exams is to practice taking past versions. This helps you get used to the format of the questions, and if you time yourself can also be good practice for making sure you spend the right amount of time on each section. Also, read the examiners assessments as those will add value to your study time.
I have many students asking for help with CIPS preparation for exams. The fact is this, you have to make time. Please understand that the qualification tests on so many different areas and preparation will mean reading.
I know the course material is a lot, that means you need to start early and not wait for last minute.
- Read course material cover to cover do not skip chapters because examiners can choose to test from anywhere. You got to be covered.
- Use study notes. I have My level 4 study notes at a small fee which have helped many students here.
- Test yourself with past papers. Do this only when you have achieved No. 1 above not sooner.
Let’s talk, where are you struggling?
Preparing for CIPS can be tough but is doable. I never failed any exam because I understood that if I prepared poorly I would do poorly. So, what tips worked?
- You have to read each course book cover to cover don’t skip any chapter. Minimum read through is once. Meaning you need to read at least one chapter per day. You can take the short test at the end of each chapter but not necessary. Use study notes in between your day which you skim through during lunch break or when you have even 10mins – it helps you master key areas. Need help here? Drop a line
- Download all past papers you can get your hands on. Look at them only after you are done reading cover to cover. Do not look at them before you finish reading, it will stress you. The past papers are to test yourself, sit mini exams which you will score yourself against examiners reports. When you get questions wrong you must go back to that subject chapter and read that chapter again. You should do past papers 1-2 weeks before the exam week. Doing it sooner will confuse you and will stress you about how much you don’t know.
When you do more than 3 past papers you will begin to notice repetition of questions. However because CIPS can test from any section on the syllabus you have to do a cover to cover read.
Still need help? Drop a line.
Happy CIPS study season.
The truth is when an opportunity is presented many people will have access to it, see it, consider it but very few will take it on. Isn’t that true? Sometimes over thinking doesnt help. I have found myself often overthinking and overthinking about opportunities until i literally talk myself out of it.
For those who got the deal for the Level 4 CIPS notes at the half price rate, you will succeed and you have full access to my knowledge and information ANYTIME you need it.